Monday, July 23, 2007

Web 2.0 Google Talk

I recently lost the ability to IM outside of my company due to security issues. This is an issue because I have contacts in other industries that I like to leverage for help. However, the blanket policy was made - no IMing outside of the company, and hotmail was shut-down. I thought that I might check out the tools from Google as they often come up with clever solutions.

Well, today, I found something called GoogleTalk - http://www.google.com/talk/ and have installed this on my computer. I have also sent out invitations to a number of people that I used to communicate with, and am currently waiting to see if they respond. I am hopeful that this tool returns functionality that I once had. I will post an update, but this looks like a cool tool and might help me stay in touch with friends and vendors.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I checked out the Google Talk and it was very cool. I have not heard back from giving a message through the phone service, but the easy to use interface had me up and running within five minutes.

~Michelle

Chadwick said...

Michelle - I was pleasantly surprised with the clarity of which we were able to converse the other night.