Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Future Prediction: Topic Introduction

As part of a futuring class, I am to make a future prediction. I am thinking that I am going to investigate the field of parallel processing. I have chosen this field because I think it is very interesting, esp. with the emergence of multi-core technology. Given the scope of this field, I think that i am going to try and narrow it down and focus on programming and development, and how might it change over the next 10 years.

I am sure that I will be blogging on other topics throughout this series, and as such, I need a convention. I will adapt the following approach. I will label the title of the blog "A Future Prediction" followed by a more descriptive qualifier. I will try to make each blog stand-alone, but that might be more difficult than I suspect. However, after you have read this introduction, you should be able to skip around a bit. Please realize that as you jump around that you are going to get exposed to different angles of this problem.

OK - with that out of the way - let's go have some fun and see what' out there!

No comments: